Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

07 brute 750 running issues

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Brute750Force07 
#1 ·
Ive got an 07 BF 750 that idles fine and runs fine under light loads but when you try to rev it up or apply full throttle it sputters and backfires. I recently had the carbs cleaned and installed a LRD torc series exhaust. Will installing a jet kit fix this issue or is it something else? I also get oil from the crankcase from backpressure into a catchcan i had installed. Any help is appreciated thanks.

#3 ·
It could be an air leak at your carb, intake rubber boots,air box, carb jetting,fuel pump,low battery - lots to check.If you have not rejetted your carb to match up to that exhaust,I'd say jetting.Did the brute run good till you installed the exhaust ?Have you added a shimm to the carb needles,try that first.If you do take carbs off,wright down the jet sizes and brand for future help.You can just buy Keihin jets from pjmotorsports - they are'nt cheap,but neither is your Brute.

#4 ·
Did the problem start right after the carbs were cleaned? If so, you probably have a slide that is not opening. The spring can bind or the diaphram might not be sealed on one of the carbs, both are easy to do when putting the carbs together and either will cause the issue your having.
Easy way to check is to pull the airbox lid and filter and start it up, give a little throttle and look and see if both carb slides are opening. It won't rev up very much as it will be WAY lean with the lid off but you can see if the slides are working.
Ray

#5 ·
thanks for the responses ill check it out and see what i can find I just bought the brute and the guy I bought it from had the exhaust installed when he had the carbs cleaned. I have not seen or had it run correctly before. but it had sat for a while before i bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.