Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions wanted as to why my VForce runs fine until the motor is fully warmed-up? In May when air temps
are 85 - 90 here in the AZ desert, she runs fine for about 15 - 20 minutes, then starts to stumble down low
once the motor is hot. Once past 1/8th throttle, she takes off. Now that temps are 105 - 115 as today when
goofing around the backyard, didn't take long for the low stumbles to start. Had it in the shop early May and we
went from dual exhausts (loud, black smoke upon acceleration) to single and re-jet. And re-jet. They can't seem to get it right. Any suggestions are appreciated. - Mike in Lake Havasu City

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like a jetting issue with the carb. If you had black smoke on acceleration it was running too rich on the mixture. The pilot screws might need to be adjusted as well. To reset those, turn them in all the way until they seat (lightly), then back the screw out one and a half turn. The specs for the carb are attached.

I would take the spec sheet to the shop and ask them to make sure both carbs are clean and have the #40 pilot (slow) jets installed, along with the stock #135 for the front cylinder and #140 for the rear. If you've gone back with a stock single exhaust that's the jet setup it uses from the factory and should run fine.

You can buy the individual jets from a site like this:
Jetsrus.com - KAWASAKI KFX700 2004-2009

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, JD, thank you so much for your time in responding so rapidly! Armed with this knowledge I can state the
case to the shop with confidence. Actually, if I lived closer to OK, I'd pay you to do this work!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Auburn, the chokes will be examined. I am very disappointed in this shop.
By the way, JDOklahoma, the new single exhaust is not stock. It is a beautiful Empire
Industries single exhaust. Regardless, fuel is the issue, jetting most likely specifically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts