Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

08 brute 750 output shaft removal problems

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  brad24 
#1 ·
I"m trying to remove the rear output shaft to do the seal on my 08 brute 750. I know that the output shaft has a spring in the center, and that i should be able to compresses it and pull it out, but on mine i can only compresses it about 1" and then it stops (locks up). any tips on what i should do?

#2 ·
Mine did that the last time I had to remove it. I found a pry bar and pried it back enough to get it off. It's probably just full of crud from riding. You'll need to disassemble it and clean it good before regreasing and reinstalling. You could try a rubber mallet if there's room to swing it. You're right, it has to compress to remove it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

#3 ·
Thanks, I ended up having to remove the 3 bolts holding the diff in and pulling it back about an inch. there was no way that i was going to be able to compress it enough to pull it out. once i got the shaft out, like you said it was packed full with mud and dirt. I cleaned it all up and am good to go now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.