Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 08 Brute Force 650 dual carb, it has been giving me issues for a while. Currently the front cylinder is not firing. It has spark and has decent compression. It looks like it's getting fuel as the spark plug is wet when pulled. Any suggestions of where I might start to look for issues?

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you have spark and compression, and your plug is wet, I’d say it’s over fuelling that cylinder. Does it run on one cylinder? Remove your air box lid while it’s running and see if your slides are working properly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late reply I was not near the four-wheeler over the weekend.Yes it is running on the rear cylinder. And both the slides are working. If there is excessive fuel in the cylinder is there a way to get it out?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Pull the plug and carefully blow it out with compressed air. That will also give you an indication of how much fuel (if any) is in that cylinder. If you put an air nozzle in the plug hole and give it a blast and nothing comes out, no fuel in there. If you give it a blast and a big mist of fuel comes out, then there was lots of fuel in there. Also, change out that plug for a new one before you try starting it. If you dry out your cylinder, install a new plug and it still won’t fire, pull the plug again and have a look. If it’s soaked again, you probably have a carb issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts