Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the front diff where the drive shaft goes into the drive there is an oil seal. It has a metal sleeve that hold the drive shaft. Can you replace the seal without removing that sleeve? If not, can you remove the sleeve while on the machine without issue and then replace the seal and put it back in. The reason I'm asking is there is a nut, washer and a oil seal that must be removed in order for the sleeve to be removed. The manual says to use a special tool and a vice to hold things so you can take the nut, etc off. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has replaced this seal yet? Please help as I don't want to have to pull the whole front end apart if I don't have too.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I havn't changed one of these yet but i think that sleeve must be removed. I have the diff out of my prarie now but didn't really pay attention because i was taking it all apart now. I can have a look tomorrow. That nut will come off with an impact gun no problem. I had no special holder to take mine apart

·
Registered
8 Posts
You remove the drive shaft { it compresses } , the coupling nut, washer. Then the case coupling { the metal sleeve } will slide out.
Note : there are Two oil seals, one on the outside of the case coupling and one on the inside of it.
Its not difficult to do on the machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts