Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to this forum im looking for some answer this morning
I recently bought a 2008 kfx450r love the quad all around, relevent mods: fuel intake, CT racing exhaust, and power commander 3 USB, all of which were installed by the previous owner. The issue I had was sputtering at low RPMs in all gears, I decided I would try and unplug the power commander and plug it back to stock. The problem was solved! The quad runs like a dream now, but I am worried it may be running lean now because I have read the stock fuel injection may not be compensating for my the extra air my intake provides and the improved flow my exhaust provides... so should I be worried about the fuel air mixture? Has anybody else experienced this with their PCIII? Any help is welcome, thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
It will run lean without the fuel controller. Try to download a different map on your pc3 for the big three setup. Otherwise consider a different controller. You really don't want to run it with that intake without a tuned map.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JD or wiseco

Okay thanks, I hate the pc3 its too advanced for me, im going to get something with multiple maps already loaded on the controller, right now its between the JD and wiseco? Any experience with either of them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cancel that ^^ ive done some research and found the FMF power programmer would be best for my liking, ive purchased it and im wondering which numbers I should set all of the settings at, ive got fuel intake and ct racing full exhaust with spark arrestor removed? Anybody got a similar setup willing to share their numbers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts