Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an answer??... i have a 09 brute 750i and here lately is feels sluggish thottling.... it backfires right before the bike stops rolling when off the gas...then it will stall... happens quite offer when riding in the woods...

·
Registered
292 Posts
It would help to know what kind of mods you've done. Snorkles, exhaust, programmer, CDI? Backfiring is usually caused by running lean. I took the perferated metal plate out from under my air cleaner, and my bike backfired on decel. Even with the MSD, put it back and all is well. Give us more info, I'm sure you'll get some good advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
It sounds like your fuel pump may be going out. I had a brute that did the same thing. But then again I replaced the fuel pump and then the whole motor tore up not long after. If I was you I would wait on one of the more experienced guys to chime in with their years of experience. If it is your fuel pump you can trouble shoot it with a “flow gauge” and a “measuring cup” or something similar. I don’t know the specifics but the fuel pump needs to push X amount of fuel at X PSI within a given time frame. I’m sure you get the picture. Hopefully some other guys can help out and get you back up and running at full power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bike has no engine mods...its has a uni air filter, 2" lift and wheel spacers,27" outlaws..custom made brush gaurd... its just started running like crap.... i was afraid i might be the pump...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has a new belt...maybe 4 hours old...as for cracked exhausted i looked over it all and dont see any cracks...but the back fire sounds more like a weak fart(lol) instead of a bang (which it did a few times) and since the the performance is not like before bike has 174 hours...it also is make a seratic unrytmic tick at certain rpms ...its not a knock sound or a valve sound...its sound more like something hittin the heat shield under the seat below the electronic componets...i just dont want to take it to the dealer...it spent a month and 1/2 the last time it was there...and im tired of making payment for them to have the bike there...wtf...

·
Registered
45 Posts
First I would be pissed if they kept mine for a month unless they were rebuilding the engine. I would find a new shop. I took mine in last week for service and told them it was popping more than normal. Kinda sounded like farting I guess

When I picked it up this is what I was told. "We hooked it up to Kawasaki Diagnostic and had to make an adjustment".

It does not pop as much as it did and sounds smoother. Not sure what they did, but I'm happy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pissed isnt even the word ..lol i was ready to rip the Fer in half..lol... and it was there for a rear seal and housing (warrenty) the shop blamed the company (kawasaki) waiting on the updated part (crock of shat)...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Jake harrington on here had a problem with the dealer just try to find guys that work on atvs that are not even remotly connected to the dealer ships we found one who knows his crap and he cleaned carbs adjust valves and he installed a fuel filter and it
Only took a week with all the bac firing it kinda seems to me like dirty carbs but when you fire it up do you have to choke it to make the other cyclender kick in

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Oh well then its gotta be the fuel pump and do you put the pure gas in yours

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
no doubt it's the fuel pump.

Kawasaki is aware of the problems and I was told there may be a recall for the fuel pumps coming soon.

it's a common problem and they are aware of it. but not doing anything yet...

John

·
Registered
406 Posts
Alot of the fuel pump problems seem to stem from poor venting and maintenance. Droppin dirt in the tank etc. I think the factory tank valve routing to the bars leaves alot to be desired. I'm convinced it makes the pump work too hard and burns it up. I had stallin issues in deep water until i ran a solid plastic hose to the bars. The frame tubes fill with water and stop the tank from venting. Keepin your tank full as much as possible would also cool the pump better especially in the summer heat. My 09 has had a slight pop on decel right from day 1. Maybe a larger capacity pump regulated would work less and last longer though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts