Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Brute Force 750 today that was run out of oil and has a engine knock. I'm prepared to do a full rebuild but I thought I might as well try to put some oil and a additive in it first in case it goes away. So I'm looking for y'all suggestions for a good additive. Also how would you guys recommend running it once I add the new oil as to increase the chance of it fixing itself. Idle or fast? Or in between?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
If it is knocking due to running dry, there's nothing in a bottle that will fix it. Spend your money on parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @NMKAWIERIDER and @kickstart for you advice. I'm just now getting started on it cause of the holidays but better late than never! Does anyone know of a good place to get the crankshaft rebuilt? I've called around and knowbody is willing to do it so far. Also what's your guys opinions on Wiseco Pistons? I've heard bad things about HotRod cranks but what about there connecting rods? I'm thinking OEM but they're about 100 bucks more than the Hotrod.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Thanks @NMKAWIERIDER and @kickstart for you advice. I'm just now getting started on it cause of the holidays but better late than never! Does anyone know of a good place to get the crankshaft rebuilt? I've called around and knowbody is willing to do it so far. Also what's your guys opinions on Wiseco Pistons? I've heard bad things about HotRod cranks but what about there connecting rods? I'm thinking OEM but they're about 100 bucks more than the Hotrod.
Well, personally, because Kawasaki only has I think 3 different rod bearings there is nothing from Kawasaki that will be able to handle a ground crank. And people that found others makes are having different and not always desirable results so my advice is bite the bullet and go with a new Kawasaki crank and bearings or get someone's complete crank kit..not piece-meal it together. And Wiseco makes a good piston. See if Big Kev is still in business.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well, personally, because Kawasaki only has I think 3 different rod bearings there is nothing from Kawasaki that will be able to handle a ground crank. And people that found others makes are having different and not always desirable results so my advice is bite the bullet and go with a new Kawasaki crank and bearings or get someone's complete crank kit..not piece-meal it together. And Wiseco makes a good piston. See if Big Kev is still in business.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I have wiseco pistons in my ride. Been really pleased with them. They are little works of art. Customer service is also very good.
Just make sure the rings are gapped within spec before you assemble.

I think Dman knows somebody who does good crank work. Maybe he will chime in.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Yep, Bobby Beam at revzcycles.com
He has all kinds of goodies for brutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info guys! I'm going to tear into it before I buy anything but you definently have pointed me in the right direction. Is there a free repair manual anywhere I can download or do I need to buy one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts