Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well raced this saturday.. I had it tuned perfect for 70 degree weather and warm because we were suppose to race during the day.. But that didnt happen didnt start racing till after dark, the temp had dropped 20 degrees and the dew settled down. So basically my bike was fallin flat on top end, i needed way more fuel. But all in all i cut some pretty good times. Best motor pass was 4.61 and best pass with a 30 shot was 4.47. I think if I could of made some passes during mid day it woulda run some 4.5's motor and maybe low 4.3's sprayin.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Nice job! Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
wow, that suckers scootin eh?

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Well raced this saturday.. I had it tuned perfect for 70 degree weather and warm because we were suppose to race during the day.. But that didnt happen didnt start racing till after dark, the temp had dropped 20 degrees and the dew settled down. So basically my bike was fallin flat on top end, i needed way more fuel. But all in all i cut some pretty good times. Best motor pass was 4.61 and best pass with a 30 shot was 4.47. I think if I could of made some passes during mid day it woulda run some 4.5's motor and maybe low 4.3's sprayin.
Way to go BW, every time you go out your getting quicker. That is the worst part of these big motors, they are SO sensative to jetting.
Ray

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
what carb are you recommending to everyone running the 1000's then?

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I heard that a Demon 650 will work. ;)

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Inglese 51mm IDA are going to flow the most air. Hold the most fuel, for our type of app..

Would need new intakes, they are wider than the IDF's..
The trouble with that type of carb (with a butterfly valve) is they have to be SO much bigger to flow the same amount of air as FCR's and the faster you flow the air through them, the lower the flow coefficient. Meaning doubling the velocity doesn't double the mass airflow. To much turbulence and the faster you flow the air the greater the pressure wake behind the throttle blade/shaft.
Ray

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
the problem is not with the carbs anyway :)

·
Registered
10,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Do I detect Sarcassim? :huh:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts