Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I am a new poster here. I have a 2011 brute force 750i that I purchase brand new a year ago. It has never got good mileage and last weekend I found out why. I was riding southern UT and noticed that when I was to go down into a wash and back out on the up hill side it would spit out about 2 ounces of gas from one of the vent tube below the steering column. I have called multiple dealers and they have no clue and ask me to bring it in. This is my second Brute and was wanting a machine that did better on fuel. I am kind of missing my 05 right now. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I read a little on the 08's with the same issue but no ultimate fixes. FYI this is fuel injected so there is no carb issues ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Was this with a full tank or after you've ridden quite awhile? It you loosten the gas cap do you get a hiss - like there's pressure built up? Do you fill it beyond the bottom of the white tube in the tank?

Once these issues are off the table, someone will have an answer.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Over the years I have had that problem at one time or another, with both the carb Brute and the FI.
Overfilling was my biggest issue, getting that extra gas in the filler neck is not a good idea.
Also, use the highest octane available.
My 05BF750 also never had this issue and that is why it took me awhile to figure out what was causing it.
After you do these two changes or if you already do it now, go ahead and change out your gas check valve on top of the gas tank.
The biggest issue is overfilling, something I stopped doing and since I stopped have the gas spitting issues.
Your gas check valve is now weak as it allows gas to pass through, it needs replacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does it for the first half a tank so a bad check valve would make sense. Just sucks that the machine only has 400 miles on it and it has already gone bad. Any recommendations on an aftermarket fix? Probably could get a check valve from Checker (oreilly) possibly a better quality one. Hopefully Kawa fixes this in the future 12's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts