Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 1st im still a noob to these mods. . . But i am trying. So this weekend i tried to do the 12 hole mode to my kfx 700. Where did i go wrong? After i drilled the 12, 1 inch holes around the top of the lid my bike sounded like i had pipes on it. . . ? But it accelerated alot slower and wouldnt do over like 40? Am i gettign to much air in b/c my exhaust is stock? Only mods are air filter so far. Hopefully clutch kit soon and duals. . . Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Need to upgrade exhaust with the 12 hole mod (and rejet carbs). More flow in needs more flow out. You can tape over the holes with duct tape until you can upgrade the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Ok, 1st im still a noob to these mods. . . But i am trying. So this weekend i tried to do the 12 hole mode to my kfx 700. Where did i go wrong? After i drilled the 12, 1 inch holes around the top of the lid my bike sounded like i had pipes on it. . . ? But it accelerated alot slower and wouldnt do over like 40? Am i gettign to much air in b/c my exhaust is stock? Only mods are air filter so far. Hopefully clutch kit soon and duals. . . Thanks!!!
You can't open the air up without doing the exhaust and adding more fuel----You should do the exhaust first, duals or a good aftermarket 2in1---Then the 12 hole, (be sure to close the stock snorkel off), then jet up the mains to about 180f/185r and she will run smooth---You also will have to open the a/f screws to about 2 1/2 turns out-----------So yeah, you are gettint the horse before the cart.

Kenny

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. . .how do i close off the stock snorkel? And is it located in the bottom of the airbox. . . Also when jetting what do the numbers mean? And last question what are a/f screws? Air filter? What exactly do i do. . .thansk for all the help fellas.

·
Registered
876 Posts
To close off the snorkel, just take it off and put in a paint can top. I used a plastic top from a spray can and yes it is in the front of the box. I used a 180 jet in the front and a 182 in the rear. THE A/F SCREWS ARE LOCATED ON THE SIDE OF THE CARBS. AND THERE IS ONE FOR EACH ONE. I DO BELIEVE THEY ARE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BIKE IF YOU ARE SITTING ON IT. You will need to be 2 1/2 turns out. They are the flat head screws, turn them all the way in to the right and then count out 2 1/2 turns on each one but you will want to get the exhaust done to see a real difference like the others have said.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What jets did you guys use keihin or mikuni? I tried putting 180/185 keihin and they were so long they hit the bottom of the bowl so it wouldn't close I'm really frustrated please help

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts