Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so im new to this forum. but i just read the first 11 pages worth of forums and got all the way back to 8-11-08. and still wondering. So i did my research. But which would be better for me a 13 or 15 front sprocket? and i can keep my stock chain correct? i will be doing riding on trails but more on the track. which leads to another question of how much are the fuel injection kits? nobody talks about them?!?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Sounds to me like you should stay with a 13 or 14 for your style riding. On the front sprocket when you start going bigger you will accelerate slower but gain mph.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I raced my KFX400 For 2 yrs and the 13t front is better suited for both trails and track. If you run a track with long straits switch to 14t but if running a track with jumps right out of a hairpin the 13t. If you get a decent practice get a feel with both. For trails 13t all the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you! and i know that the back sprocket for each 3t its 1t up front. but is it worth getting the smaller tooth sprocket in the back as well?

·
Registered
32 Posts
get the 13t for front thats all u need. the bike pulls very good out of turns in third that way. if you were to go one tooth smaller in the rear as well as one t smaller in front it would be like droping only 2t. the rule is 3 tooth up in rear in = to 1 tooth down in front

1 - 7 of 7 Posts