Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my Kawasaki 300 4x4 but have lost the ability to use electric start. New Battery seems like its loosing its charge. Neutral light is not coming on with key on and neutral position. Then it will start on pull but idle slow and stop. Seems like an electrical problem because I have to turn lights on to get it to start on pull. Never had the problems before. She ran good even with electric start. Battery may have been weak but replaced with new. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check the ground. And check all wiring from battery all the way around. replace fuse there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Denning ! Not sure where the ground attaches to the frame? I noticed a small black wire off the battery with a male connector on end not connected into anything ? I also find it strange to have to turn on lights to get it to pull over ? It is definitely an electrical problem cause shes not getting any electricity to the starter from the starter button. I also checked starter with wires from another battery and it spun. I guess I'll have to follow the wires from the battery throughout the bike ? Sounds like a major task ! Better to know the machine I guess especially when your venturing into mountanious country. It's amazing what that little bike can do when it runs blows my mind !

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yea there great. And yes I have mine grounded on the frame. In between where the back fender mounts to the frame. You should be able to pull start it whenever. N I don't have any wires on mine not plugged in. Well right by the battery I have 2 with a male and female connector but I think there accessory wires. I connected them and they blew the fuse. So one is hot one is negative.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked Ground

Checked ground cleaned it up still got to pull over with low beams on and runs better with high beams on ? Weird. There is major sparke where the accessory lights are attached to the frame and wired into high beam which gives an indication that the bracket which hold accessory lights is loose has to be welded. Disconnected the accessory lights and didn't make a difference ? reconnected and braced bracket tightly ran good with high beams on ? Starter still not working from pushing starter button but was told to check wiring to solenoid. Starter can turn with direct hook up so not starter so will check wire into solenoid as suggested. wondering if I grounded Male accessory wire to frame would it make a difference? Thanks again denning !

·
Registered
262 Posts
Only one way to find out lol. But yea it shouldn't be sparking. The solenoid could be bad itself. Or the piece that's connected to the airbox could be bad. Can't remember what its called right now. Rectifier maybe? Just keep at it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m haveing the same issues with mine I tried to start it jumping the starter solenoid with a screwdriver and I get it to run barely then it shuts off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts