Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1998 Honda Recon 250

Excellent beginner quad. Enough power to keep interest or let a friend ride, but not quite as dangerous as something bigger. 5 speed + reverse with automatic clutch. Great to learn shifting before moving to manual clutch.

Front rack and plastic are pushed back a little on left side and one upper ball joint has a little play. Someone hit a tree, but no one confessed, so I don’t know how big or how fast it was going. Plastic and racks are scratched from carrying rocks out of the woods. Front tires are near 50%, rears close to new. Tires leak slowly at the bead due to scratch rims when tires got mounted, but no holes. I have a tire changer, so I can remove them and repaint the rims to stop the leak if you care. Blows a little smoke on deceleration after high rev, but not real bad. Just cleaned carb so it fires right up, but battery is shot. Has back up pull starter that works great. Autoclutch needs to be adjusted, so it creeps in gear right now, should be easy fix, but it never bothered me enough to worry about.

New axle bearings and brakes in the rear and I'm pretty sure I did the front brakes too. Brakes, lights, and controls all work like they should. Clean title in hand, comes with owner’s manual, factory tool kit, and full Clymer service manual.

Not perfect, but pretty solid ride and I haven't tried to hide anything. Asking $900

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sold!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts