Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Would the T-4 benafit from plus 1 forward a arms like what people put on the Banshee??
That is a very good ? man. Some people will say yes and some will say no.
Those who don't like the plus 1 forward had a problem with the front end wanting to push and not turn. I am not sure what would cause this, maybe incorrect caster angle, toe in or out to far, camber angle, could be any thing.

I personally like the +1 forward, really helps in the whoops, mine did push a little when I first built them but with a little adjusting on the caster and camber angles I got it dialed in. Most after market front ends are adjustable and will take some playing with to make any atv ride like you want.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I had +1 ahead, +2 wider, Herman arms. your changing the geometry of the bike no doubt, I couldn't get it totally corrected other than just plain riding and expecting the push. Until I went to a longer swing arm. simple comparison, if you widen the rear end, you pretty well have to do the front end to match. If you don't the rear end will pretty well boss the front end around. you don't see new quads with a wider rear end than the front from the factory. with a forward front end, your changing the weight distribution. front tires and steering will get lighter, hense the rear end boss. I personally wouldn't do the longer(forward) front arms unless you stretch out the back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had +1 ahead, +2 wider, Herman arms. your changing the geometry of the bike no doubt, I couldn't get it totally corrected other than just plain riding and expecting the push. Until I went to a longer swing arm. simple comparison, if you widen the rear end, you pretty well have to do the front end to match. If you don't the rear end will pretty well boss the front end around. you don't see new quads with a wider rear end than the front from the factory. with a forward front end, your changing the weight distribution. front tires and steering will get lighter, hense the rear end boss. I personally wouldn't do the longer(forward) front arms unless you stretch out the back.
Being that it will be a sand bike a longer swingarm will be used anyways.:)

·
Registered
880 Posts
the reason for the wierd handleing on the +1 forward arms is because the more you push the front tire out the more you transfer that weight to the rear tires.. which explains the "pushing" because your more or less making the front end lighter.. same idea with moving the rear tires back.. it weights the front of the machine due to changes in weight transfer.. so by using a longer swingarm to correct the "push" your doing the same thing as a reg +2 arm would be doing..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts