Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the SXS world and just purchased a new Mule Pro-FXR. Will be using it almost daily for chores around our property. Seeing that the dealer wanted $500 for the first service and that it is over an hour away, I plan on doing my own service.

I found a FXT service manual that I downloaded online and since the engines are the same I'm thinking it should apply.

What I cannot seem to find is the p/n for oil filter and the three gaskets/o-rings that need to be replaced as part of the 20 hour service.

Any suggestions on p/n's and a good place to order online?

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the SXS world and just purchased a new Mule Pro-FXR. Will be using it almost daily for chores around our property. Seeing that the dealer wanted $500 for the first service and that it is over an hour away, I plan on doing my own service.

I found a FXT service manual that I downloaded online and since the engines are the same I'm thinking it should apply.

What I cannot seem to find is the p/n for oil filter and the three gaskets/o-rings that need to be replaced as part of the 20 hour service.

Any suggestions on p/n's and a good place to order online?
Welcome to the forum,take a look at this.

https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/kawasaki-mule/176399-i-have-started-list-stuff.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. That is a big help.

Anyone have thoughts on the o-rings needing replacement for the oil changes on the fill and drain plugs? Can't seem to find the p/n for these anywhere and can't see how they would be required to meet the warranty requirements.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Anyone have thoughts on the o-rings needing replacement for the oil changes on the fill and drain plugs? Can't seem to find the p/n for these anywhere and can't see how they would be required to meet the warranty requirements.

The oil and filter kit that I ordered from a dealer on Amazon came with the washer for the oil drain plug. I just reused the other two and haven't had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just did my 20 hr. Went to my dealer to get the crush washers and o rings. I was surprised they didn't have all of them. They only had the washers. I had them order the rings for later. Service Mgr said they don't change th o rings on the 20hr. Really?

Had planned on a Wix filter with synthetic fluids. Ended up going back to get the OEM filter. The Wix just looked a little too different for me. A little smaller diameter, different seal and a few less threads compared to the OEM. BTW the original filter is on there!

O'Reilly parts had some crush washers that were VERY close and much cheaper. I picked some up for the next change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts

Just did my 20 hr. Went to my dealer to get the crush washers and o rings. I was surprised they didn't have all of them. They only had the washers. I had them order the rings for later. Service Mgr said they don't change th o rings on the 20hr. Really?

Had planned on a Wix filter with synthetic fluids. Ended up going back to get the OEM filter. The Wix just looked a little too different for me. A little smaller diameter, different seal and a few less threads compared to the OEM. BTW the original filter is on there!

O'Reilly parts had some crush washers that were VERY close and much cheaper. I picked some up for the next change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

had my fxt for almost 3 yrs never changed the washers on drain plugs still don`t leak I think it`s a sales gimmick to make money but you can probably get them at any parts store
and my dealer is 2hrs away so I will buy extra oil filters at the dealership not that much more then the parts store and their the right ones

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two weeks in with the new Mule and couldn't be more happy. Machine stacks up to everything we need here on our place. I ordered an oil change kit off of amazon for the 20 hour service and also ordered the differential and tranny oils as well.

I made a bed liner from a horse stahl mat from Tractor supply, a Kolpin 1/2 windshield and a set of mirrors that I picked up on Amazon for 20 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
[email protected]
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing