Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
knowing that a 250cc even with mods will never be faster then a 300 and up quad i decided i would gear my mods towards giving the quad more low end torque...i succeeded! I installed a 6 sigma jet kit which had very complete directions and i was able to order it for $40 including shipping off ebay. I also ordered a uni pod filter to compliment the jet kit. i got the angled 2 and 1/4 inch by 4 inch one which is a great looking and superb functionality. i went real low budget for the exhaust because all i read about the aftermarket was that they are wicked loud and i can make a loud high performance exhaust for nothing by cutting the baffle out of the stock one and grinding the weld out of the header flange...so i did. when i installed the jet kit i went for the optional slide hole mod and clipped the spring just a coil or so. i also went down in the gearing on the front sprocket to an 11t and went wider and larger with the rear tires. i also have 2 inch spacers in the front now and 1.5 in the rear. i did all these mods in one shot and took it out for about an hr or so of hard trail and sand pit riding i have for sure lost a little top speed over what it was bone stock but what i gained in the trails is fantastic the throttle response is awesome and i have no trouble making hills on one shot that would take multiple attempts b4. over all i am super satisfied with the end result of my mods!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now i will also say this as kind of a post script to my initial post if you do alot of technical trail riding with steep hills then i recommend doing what i did if you like to do alot of wide open logging roads or fast trails leave out the 11t sprocket and go wider with your rear tires but not taller. i find myself doing alot of riding in 4th that i was doing in 3rd b4 and am always just cruising low speed in 5th.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts