Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just brought this lakota sport guy i brought it from said the clutch was bad and the bike was sitting for 3 years ... so i got it home cleaned the carbs and with in 30 min it was running.... great i though 150.00 running fourwheeler .. i ordered the clutch plates and friction plates .. i just put the new clutch in tonight and its alot better i dont have to get off to get it to move but still very much slipping .. how often do these primary clutches go the centrifugal clutch not the one in the baskett .. this dam part is 260.00 dollors and no aftermarket part have to order the hole dam thing from kawasaki but befor i do and this dont work i wanted to sak you guys what yall might think is up with this . and also this thing called the one way clutch .. in the diagram it looks like some kind of bering could this be a problem to... thanks .. and if anyone has the clutch adjustment info it would help a great deal maybe this is the problem but i did adjust it more than once .. backed out till i felt resdince and then back in till i felt resdince then locked it down ... please help guys do i can start ridding this new toy .. thanks
kenny

·
Registered
637 Posts
First off Welcome to the site. Secondly Periods and Commas' do wonders when reading. Lol.Had a hard time making out your post. Ok, Centrifugals typically dont go out that easily, so I would say it could be the clutch springs or the oil you are using. I have had to replace the springs on mine a few times until I went with a heavy duty spring set. Greg at www.cycleworkracing.net sells them for about $12. Secondly if you are using an automotive oil in that bike, it will shit a clutch up in a heartbeat. Use only an oil designed for wet clutch bikes. Most motorcyle and atvs use this set up anymore. Honda GN4 work great, its cheap. You may have to adjust it a few times before the clutch sets in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts