Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree replace hose or lines. I clogged with dirt or.gunk need to find sorce or it will keep happening. Once you get to the root cause you shoukd be good. Let us know how it foes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My maint manual should be here either today or tomorrow in mail. Think I'm gonna pull gas tank and lines into carb and clean thoroughly and replace fuel filter. By the way, see fuel filters on internet 2/ $8 vs $20 each for Kawasaki filters. Any reason not to use these? I'm sure there from China like everything else on Amazon. The crap has to be coming from somewhere to plug up primary fuel circuits. I've only had this running right about 6 hours total since I bought it. My son has taken apart the carb 3 times to clean out primary jets. What a pain. Want to get it fixed once and for all..... Making progress. Thanks to all comments!!

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
169 Posts
My maint manual should be here either today or tomorrow in mail. Think I'm gonna pull gas tank and lines into carb and clean thoroughly and replace fuel filter. By the way, see fuel filters on internet 2/ $8 vs $20 each for Kawasaki filters. Any reason not to use these? I'm sure there from China like everything else on Amazon. The crap has to be coming from somewhere to plug up primary fuel circuits. I've only had this running right about 6 hours total since I bought it. My son has taken apart the carb 3 times to clean out primary jets. What a pain. Want to get it fixed once and for all..... Making progress. Thanks to all comments!!
see if you can cross the fuel filter numbers to a Wix filter. not over priced and very good filtration.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
169 Posts
Wix filter numbers, should be able to be picked up at any O'reilly auto or bough online. usually comes from Poland or USA.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts