Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Prairie 300 (2wd) that has a problem shifting into reverse. I was given this by someone who bought a new machine. I would love any advice as to what to look for as to why it wont go into reverse. I am also looking for a repair\service manual for it so if anyone knows where I can buy one please let me know.

KVF300

· Registered
3 Posts
i would check your shift lever make sure it is moving the shift arm next i would check the engine oil if not lubed it could cause it not to shift then check motor mounts if they are to warn it would allow the shift lever to move but the motor will lift up on you and not shift the gears also check the shifter it self making sure it is not stuck inside if stuck inside it will not allow you to shift if all that checks out than i would say its your shift forks side not moving your gear to the reverse gears inside the transmission this will require i total tear down of the motor to gain access to the internals of the motor. so make sure you check everything above first before attempting this. due to one not having clear understanding how the trans goes together one can get really confused hope that helps out if you need more help you can reach me on my fb group JW-320 REPAIRS MADE EASY CUSTOM BUILDS AND SALES OF OFF ROAD VEHICLES | Facebook

1 - 2 of 2 Posts