Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this new back in the day. Unreal machine. Lately, the fan stays running for 15-20 minutes after I turn it off. It's never done this before and I'm worried. I sprayed the radiator with water, still does it. Please help me guys! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thx! Guy at work said thermostat. Is that possible and how would I know if it was that or the fan switch? Thx!

·
Super Moderator
4,498 Posts
Ok thx! Guy at work said thermostat. Is that possible and how would I know if it was that or the fan switch? Thx!
Thermostat has nothing to do with fan operation...although if it was stuck shut, the fan switch would never get warm enough to come on....and if it was stuck open coolant would run too quickly through the radiator to cool to its lowest point before re-entering the block. Your fan stays on extra long after shutting off the key. That's just a fatigued bendix or low coolant level.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much. Coolant is full. I'm not good with engine stuff, I'll have to research bendix. I'm so helpless I didn't even know that about the thermostat. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,498 Posts
Thank you so much. Coolant is full. I'm not good with engine stuff, I'll have to research bendix. I'm so helpless I didn't even know that about the thermostat. Lol.
The bendix is just the heat-reactive metal that's in the fan switch. Just replace the fan switch and you should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts