Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a older Kawasaki mule with low hours under 500. Always serviced at the dealer. It’s the gas model not sure if it’s carb or efi? But my guess is carb since it’s a manual choke. We had and issue where it was bogging under acceleration and just driving around so we took it on got the fuel system and other stuff rebuilt new belt the works. Now it’s doing it again. It fires up easily and idles great but I don’t understand it. We don’t use it often and my guess was well maybe it’s condensation in the fuel and it’s just really finicky. My thought was to try and install an inline water separator like they use on outboard fuel tanks into the fuel line and see how much moisture it picks up and maybe get some fresh 93+ ethanol free fuel. Any help would be appreciated it’s a nice vehicle we have had it since new and installed the full cab and heat on it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
351 Posts
catch some fuel from the tank in a clear mason jar, about a quart, at most, let it sit for about 5 minutes and look for any separation. You're water/ethanol will be on the bottom, and gas on top.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We have a older Kawasaki mule with low hours under 500. Always serviced at the dealer. It’s the gas model not sure if it’s carb or efi? But my guess is carb since it’s a manual choke. We had and issue where it was bogging under acceleration and just driving around so we took it on got the fuel system and other stuff rebuilt new belt the works. Now it’s doing it again. It fires up easily and idles great but I don’t understand it. We don’t use it often and my guess was well maybe it’s condensation in the fuel and it’s just really finicky. My thought was to try and install an inline water separator like they use on outboard fuel tanks into the fuel line and see how much moisture it picks up and maybe get some fresh 93+ ethanol free fuel. Any help would be appreciated it’s a nice vehicle we have had it since new and installed the full cab and heat on it. Thanks in advance!
Starving for fuel. Check the fuel filter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agree could be fuel or clutch. If bogging at higher throttle it could be carb issue like clogged main jet. Idle is different jet. Also could be running rich which would bog like choke stuck open or settings like float. Look at spark plugs to see if black. Cllutch could also not be opening correctly.. jack rearend off ground and watch the belt move be sure it is secure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts