Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Thanks for having me.
I just brought this home yesterday and while I test drove it I didn't feel what I am now.

Driving in 1st, 2nd, and up to 3rd and it doesn't allow me to WOT. I press the throttle through each gear but no power at all and very low speed.
I'm replacing the silencer packing, and while doing that I noticed the header is very loose. Now I know that needs to be tightened down but any other thoughts?

TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
The throttle case (where your thumb controls the throttle) has a throttle limiter screw according to the manual.
It looks like it sticks out parallel to where the cable goes in.
Maybe you could search for a video clip about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Next easy fix is finding a restriction in the air intake path. Mine is missing parts but it still has places where stuff could hide.
Another simple fix could be fuel flow. The valve is strange, I think, being On-Off-Reserve. Check your fuel filter if you have one and lines for kinks that would stop the gas.
Check carb vents & vacuum lines if there are any, too.
If none of the above applies then you have a greater challenge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told the following BUT, my main needle doesn't have an adjustment.

Pilot jet sounds right based on idle. Soon as you hit the throttle, it falls on it's face, which tells me it's not getting enough fuel when it comes off the idle circuit. Pull the main needle up 2 notches. If that doesn't make a difference, you'll have to go up a size or 2 on the main jet.

·
Registered
2002 Mojave 250
12 Posts
Clean the carb. Then as above might have a fuel restriction, needs more fuel than is flowing from tank, mine does this in the on but not reserve position after riding fast for a minute or so. Clogged screen in tank I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carb has been cleaned many times, I recently bought a needle valve, Im wondering if maybe its that or my float needs a slight adjustment. Frustrating because it runs really well but I would agree that it doesn't seem to be getting enough fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts