Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i picked up my first atv a used 2003 prairie 360 that has the belt light blinking and it spits and sputters and runs like crap when trying to drive it. I thought maybe it was going to be as easy as resetting the belt light but it does not seem to be working. I tried both the pre and post procedure for the belt light rest and when i do one both the belt and 4x4 flash at the same rate and never slow down to let me know its resetting and when i do the other just the belt light flash's and doesn't slow down per the instructions to let me know its being reset. I did test the continuity of the belt switch and it seems to be good. What do you guys recommend as a next step to test or do to try and find out why it wont reset. The battery is pretty much new in the machine also. Is there a way to test the speed sensor or any other item that could be my problem. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone.

Also when it starts and idles it has a "stumble/misfire" every once and awhile and it is very cold blooded. Does this sound like tight valves and possibly a carb problem? Im thinking even if i get the belt light off it may need some other work to get it running good.

Thanks everyone for the help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys, question, so the battery in the machine looks like new but i see its from 2016, it starts the machine great and shows 12.9 volts on the volt meter but when i took it in the guy said the battery showed good but that it was only 69 percent charged. When i hook it up to a battery charger it says its full. Could this be my problem with not being able to reset the belt light or is it just normal for a battery to loose some of its recharging capabilites the older it gets. The bike did sit for a few years with the battery in it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts