Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 prairie 360 that runs good, but is hard to start and does not idle correctly. So far i checked the valves and they are in spec. Cleaned the carb multiple times, and went to a #38 pilot. New battery and plugs. When i go to start it, it will just keep cranking and sometimes it will start, but most of the time i have to pull start it. As long as i can remember this quad would never start easily cold or hot. We had it in a couple dealers and they would get it to idle better by adjusting the two screws but still hard to start.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Maybe set the valves on the high/loose side of spec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lumbeebrute thanks for the reply

While i had the valve covers off i did loosen the exhaust valve to the higher limit, the intake was already on the high end and never seems to change.

I'm starting to think its electrical, but i am not good when it comes to that. My plan was to pick up a multimeter and start testing.

All responses are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Pull plug wire and stick a plug in it. Lay it against exhaust or other metal and turn engine. Look for bright blue/white spark. There's a plug boot mod for brutes and vtwin prairies where the resistors are removed for a hotter spark. Idk if you can do that to a 360 or not. Also, note the slot in the valve adjusters before and after tightening them. Sometimes, the locknut will turn the screw a little. 1/8 turn back in will make a difference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mines in the shop right now for same crap. Only thing on mine though after running it for like a mile it smoothed it and ran great. Well before my neighbor friend tried working on it now it's a real mess lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts