Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rear head pipe at the 1st clamp and bend going forward.. How much clearance under pipe to frame? I will double check my muffler mounting backets again you have alot more move after the muffler outlets than I do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very close! Almost touching frame no more than 100 thousands when I stacked feeler gauges. I guess the pics and texts I sent you where no good?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well almost a month now.. Of fooling with these pipes and e-mailing John pictures.

I called Muzzy and the brackets do NOT work on a 2010.. Should have called them sooner!

This is a heads up for guys with 2010 Brute Force 750!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Uuummm.............. well crap; mine are almost here. So, what do they suggest????? And why would the brackets on a 2010 be different than a 2009 or 2011??
I do know they fit the 2012..

Muzzy has a 2010 in.. And working on a set lower muffler brackets got to love when the customer does the R&D.. kit was sold to fit 05-12??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh Yeah. If you check the website it shows the full range. Why the hell would Kawasaki change the mounting brackets for a single production year?? It would be expensive to change the line like that just to move it back. There is also no mention of a different setup in the factory service manual. That sucks. What are we supposed to do with ours now?? I suppose I could sell it off here.....
I'm sure Muzzy will help you out with the brackets.. I got mine kit from VFORCEJOHN so I was dealing with him after no luck there and Asking to return it and was told to sell it myself?? Made the call to Muzzy and YES the brackets are too high not your install work :eek:

·
Registered
152 Posts
So how does this work??

So how does this set of Super Pro Muzzys fit on this 2010 in this video??

:confused:

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I don't see an issue with them fitting tire size wise.

I only have 1 set of polished duals left out of last weeks shippment, so first come you get them

the Black duals should be in later this week I hope.

John

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does the answer "SWEET" mean anything?? Obviously, it appears that they will fit :p Mine should be hitting my doorstep today and I cannot wait!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does the answer "SWEET" mean anything?? Obviously, it appears that they will fit :p Mine should be hitting my doorstep today and I cannot wait!
Good luck getting them on... looking forward to mine also they will be goinig on my 08'......

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 · (Edited)

Brute Force Walk Around (muzzy super pro dual exhaust!!!) - YouTube

:confused:

Like I told him.

I've installed them on everything from 2005-2012 and they all fit just like the ones in the video.

I have no idea what is going on with his system he has, I don't manufacture them, I just sell them and 99% of the time there is no issues at all. but all the brackets I've had here and installed have been exactly the same I don't see any issue with a 2010 machine and the pipes not fitting. they are the same frames 2005-2011.

As far as me returning it, after it's been installed (or attempted to) it's a used system. I certainly couldn't sell it to someone for a new system I'm sure there are marks on the pipes and cans by now. He wanted to return it and install a single pipe.

I told him to sell it on here as someone would have bought it fast and for the price he even paid. these pipes are backordered and I can't get them in fast enough and at that time I as well as Muzzy didn't have any to sell. I still don't have anymore of them in stock.

I'd install it for free for him, but he's too far away

·
Registered
152 Posts
Heat Tape?

You guys running the Muzzy duals, are you running any heat tape on your plastics?

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yep, I got mine on a couple weeks ago. They do put out a nice, mean sound! Additional power is nice also. Now I can't wait to get it out on the trails :p

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
got my pipes on! Here are a few pics of the install for anyone that wants to have a look. The only picture that I did not get was of the heat sheilds installed.

Don't mind the dirty bike :rolleyes:

Loving the new found power and sound!!!

2008 Muzzy Super Pro Exhaust Install pictures by GallopGt - Photobucket

You put the brackets on wrong for the mufflers. but amazingly, they look like they still fit just fine?

I'm going to have to make a short video when I get another install on one of these on how to do the clamps.

·
Registered
152 Posts
got my pipes on! Here are a few pics of the install for anyone that wants to have a look. The only picture that I did not get was of the heat sheilds installed.

Don't mind the dirty bike :rolleyes:

Loving the new found power and sound!!!

2008 Muzzy Super Pro Exhaust Install pictures by GallopGt - Photobucket

You put the brackets on wrong for the mufflers. but amazingly, they look like they still fit just fine?

I'm going to have to make a short video when I get another install on one of these on how to do the clamps.
Oh yeh? Yeh they fit fine to me, no issues...

What did I do wrong, should the screws that hold the clamps togeather be facing out?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I checked the brackets over and the holes seemed tapped in the same spot on either side. I think as long as the mounts are on the inside you are OK. I did mine the same way and they turned out fine.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts