Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
John or anyone,

Wondering if anyone has a decibel reading with these new pipes?

I'd love to add them, but the loudness is a concern. I loved my HMF Swamp Series on my old Grizz. It was deeper and better sounding but not obnoxiously loud.

I know these duals will be louder, but is there quiet cores and are they dramtically louder than stock? It's so tough to tell on a youtube videos.

HMF is far more obnoxious than the Muzzy. they meet all 93 db sound requirments for oregon sound dunes. they also come with q-core and sparky for both pipes.

there's no better sounding pips IMO. it's definatly not that loud, but very deep sound and changes the motor tone completely.

quietest aftermarket pipe and maximum power.

John

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sounds good. Saving pennies for this and a fuel controller. Along with a new set of shocks.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had my Brute out the other day and everyone I rode with complimented on how nice the Duals sounded. Just a nice deep almost hollow sounding resonance. Just plain awesome :rock:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I can only imagine. I'm just try to keep telling myself that my 2012 Brute is plenty and that I don't need an Outlander 1000 or a divorce. HAHA

·
Registered
268 Posts
When does the next set of polished Muzzy super pros coming in?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Finally got my Brute out on some good trails to let'er rip and I must say that it is just like a totally different machine! The Muzzy Pro Duals sound awesome, the MSD and clutch mods from VForceJohn makes the quad perform amazine! I was breaking loose on every turn with just a twitch of the thumb and it accelerates like crazy!! I am thrilled and impressed!! I rode a hard 5 maybe 5.5 hours yesterday and still have 3 bars left on my tank read whereas before the mods I would be on the last bar if not almost empty. The temps were great yesterday and my quad was even better. All I can say is...... Thanks, John, for the great service and talent you put into your work. You were right, these mods just plain Rock. :tup:

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
When does the next set of polished Muzzy super pros coming in?

probably a few weeks yet. everyone I have coming in is long sold and then some.

it'll be a little bit until muzzys can catch up with their orders. soon they will be back in stock and ready to go again.

John

·
Registered
268 Posts
What kind of Performance Will I see over my Pro on this 840?

·
Registered
5 Posts

There's what you get.

everything from oversize custom gaskets, loctite, antisieze, stickers, all hardware, clamps, spark screens (removable q-cores are already in these mufflers) Billet hangers, and DUAL Polished Oval PRO cans with equal length 1.5 inch ID stainless headers that step up to a full 2 inch system at the muffler.

I have 7 of them left.

I'll have dyno charts, FI settings, sound clips done over the weekend.

I't's a damn nice system and I'm glad Muzzy went ahead took my advice and finally produced these systems.

John
Where's the link to buy the set up?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have the empire duals. If you buy them get the quiet core inserts with the turn down tips otherwise your gonna have to wear ear plugs when you ride. Dman can chime in on this. Its nasty loud without the quiet cores and got old pretty quick.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.