Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have an 05 650 sra I am working on, which I am trying to get the atv running for a buddy, so he can use it for hunting. I have cleaned up the clutches, installed a good belt, removed engine brake fork due to bad kebc, cleaned carbs that have all stock jetting, checked carb diaphragms, checked choke cables / and function, elec. fuel pump is good, adjusted all valves, installed new spark plugs, etc.....

When I rev it up in neutral, she revs out perfect from idle to wot.
When you take it out on the road to run it, she runs fine until you apply throttle at 1/2 throttle. If I remove one clip from the air box lid, this allows a small opening in the air box, and she runs great through all throttle range.
I am thinking maybe the muffler could be partially blocked up ? Anyone else have any input ? I am going to pull the muffler of to see if that is the cause. I also only performed a cold compression test which was 45 psi both cylinders.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 650 sra I am working on, the problem was my error attaching the air box drain line to the carb vent line, under the air box - She runs great now, and I installed a new vent line for the carbs - There was no vent line when I received the atv.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Glad to see you got it figured out

Reactions: dman66
1 - 3 of 3 Posts