Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the whole ATV thing all together so I will not pretend to talk a lot of shop. I recently got hold of a 2005 brute force in a trade.... and getting the shorter/bad end of the deal.... what went from a simple "it will start with some carb work" to just now picking it up from a local service shop who tells me it needs AT LEAST a full top end rebuild. This is where it will make more sense to you then it does to me.... The shop told me that they ran a "compression leak down test" and it failed big time! Said that this bike may have been fully submerged and wrecked this motor. On top of that...even with a new set of plugs in it...there is no spark. So... I'm on a mission trying to find a new engine. If any of you here might be able to help...please send me a PM or even better, email to [email protected]

Thank you all in advance for any help.
EJ

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
If you don't find a suitable engine for sale on this forum (look in the FOR SALE section), you can also find BF engines on ebay.

Good luck and happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
if it was submerged and it got water in the bottom end then your looking at a bottom end too bc the rod bearings are probably going to go on it if they havent already... just a thought...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the feedback so far. You all have given me some good leads.

As for the model...man I'm not sure. My buddy who took a look at it said it was NOT the I... if it helps at all, the shop I took it to listed the model on the work order as KVF650D-1. I have no clue as to what that means. :confused:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Does it have a single axle with one shock and a swingarm? (SRA)

Or independent rear axles with 2 shocks? (IRS)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it have a single axle with one shock and a swingarm? (SRA)

Or independent rear axles with 2 shocks? (IRS)
Pretty sure it's the SRA... but I'll take a look at it today and let you know.

I've found a few places on line (thanks to your help) that claim they have motors for it in stock. I need to follow up and check pricing. I'm also thinking about maybe parting it out..MAYBE! It has the camo bodywork, has a Warn winch, ITP tires and rims (just about new), a passenger seat with cargo/luggage compartment...just to name a few things. I'd love to have it up and running..I rode a friends Grizzly and had a blasts recently...I'm just not sure yet what I'm going to do with this bad boy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts