Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and a new Kawie owner. I purchased a 2005 Brute Force 750 the other day with 2000 miles and about 500 hours on the engine. The thing seems to be in pretty good shape overall. My issue is when I put it in drive or reverse there is hesitation between when I push the throttle and when it seems to engage, and when it does engage it seems to lurch violently before it feels like it catches and drives. This doesn't seem to be an issue going above 5 mph though. I also would say that I don't believe this thing is putting all of its power to the ground, the power is a bit disappointing and it doesn't seem to have a lot of power at the top end. It runs smoothly and idles perfectly. I had it in the shop and they replaced my spark plugs. Asked them about the lurching and they said it's just old. I feel like that is the lazy answer and there is always a reason something isn't working correctly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be getting a service manual for sure. I took the belt cover off. I am not sure exactly what I should be looking for, but the belt seems extremely loose, even though it looks to be brand new. I can press it down significantly with my hand and it sort of wiggles around. The clutch itself looks good, but it can press it in with my hand as well. Is this likely due to a worn spring? What kind of faults should I be looking for in the clutch? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could have something to do with the springs. I have a 2018 that I bought new and have a slight hesitation when I take off. I read in the owners manual that above 6500 ft you should have the springs and weights adjusted. I live at 4700 ft and my rides are between 4500 and around 9000 ft. Don't know if that helps ya any but I have to agree, I gotta learn about the CVT system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could have something to do with the springs. I have a 2018 that I bought new and have a slight hesitation when I take off. I read in the owners manual that above 6500 ft you should have the springs and weights adjusted. I live at 4700 ft and my rides are between 4500 and around 9000 ft. Don't know if that helps ya any but I have to agree, I gotta learn about the CVT system.
i've learned a lot about them these past few weeks. This thread moved over here https://www.kawieriders.com/threads/clutch-trouble.178544/page-2#post-1682494

1 - 6 of 6 Posts