Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my ATV starting. I smell fuel and know it has air but no spark. I changed the plugs and ignition coils along with a new battery because the old was weak. When none of this worked I pulled the plugs to check for spark. I will see a spark when I first start it but nothing after. I am thinking stator but I want to consult more minds before I do this. Thanks ahead for your help.

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
Check the pulse coil. Separate from the stator but in the same area. Also..it's an 05, that means bad buss connector. They all failed. If yours has not been fixed..it probably needs to be by now. Review this video:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the bus connector and it was already solder together. I changed the stator and crank position sensor. I put it all back together and I still have the same problem. Sparks one time in the initial crank then nothing else. What is next?

·
Registered
492 Posts
If it's the rollover sensor, there is a cheap way to eliminate it. I have the rollover sensor in my Brute, but I also have a modified pigtail just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts