Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my Brute. I start it and it idles fine. I put it in gear and press the throttle and it begins bogging or stuttering. Is there something I should look for? This machine has ran fine for me all winter.

Please note that I am not too mechanically inclined so if you can help me, I would greatly appreciate some extra detail on what to do.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
12,648 Posts
Have you changed anything recently? Will it drive along okay once you get it rolling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Response

Thanks for helping... No, I haven't changed anything on it other than an exhaust silencer. This machine is fairly new to me as I purchased it in October.

It seems to run fine once I get into the throttle. The problem is when I need to move it short distances like in and out of my garage. Without knowing what the issue is, I'm kinda scared to drive it a long distance without knowing what's wrong. A buddy of mine to me to take out, put some super unleaded in and ride it hard for a little while. Maybe I have a little water in the carb or something.

Does that sound like it could possibly be it? We've had a good amount of snow this year and I used it to plow quite often.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
12,648 Posts
Is it better when it's warmed up?

·
Super Moderator
12,648 Posts
So this happened overnight?
It sounds like it's running lean in the mid-range, another possibility is a bad spark plug. Plowing will sometimes lead to fouled plugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I haven't noticed this happening before. I will change out the spark plugs and see what happens.

Thanks for your help. The last thing I want to do is major damage by running it with hard with something wrong

·
Super Moderator
12,648 Posts
Yeah I haven't noticed this happening before. I will change out the spark plugs and see what happens.

Thanks for your help. The last thing I want to do is major damage by running it with hard with something wrong
It's highly unlikely that it will cause any damage.
One more question; have you tried turning the choke partially on when adding throttle to see if it works better?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok cool. Yeah I have tried with the choke on some and it still happens.

I apologize for not being more mechanically inclined. Thank god for these forums lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts