Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm fairly new here. I picked up an execllent condition 2006 brute force 750 a few months ago (130 miles/garage kept). I've had a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 since new. I've noticed that the Kawasaki makes unusual sounds and I'm not sure if this is normal. I've changed the motor oil and differential fluids. When I turn off the ignition it sounds like there is some sort of electronic ciruit shutting down. It's an odd noise that I've never heard with my Yamaha. I drive the quads on a mountain in upstate NY where I go hunting. I've also noticed that I can hear a very noticeable whining sound coming from the differentials when the machine is moving. It seems to have a noisy gear system. Is this normal with these machines?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
79 Posts
every thing you hear is normal. when you turn the engine off its the engine brake/actuator is resetting, and when you drive around the whining you are hearing is your transmission, and if the whining is in fact coming from the differentials then there might be something wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
every thing you hear is normal. when you turn the engine off its the engine brake/actuator is resetting, and when you drive around the whining you are hearing is your transmission, and if the whining is in fact coming from the differentials then there might be something wrong.

It's probably the transmission. I'm not a mechanic so I was lumping transmission/differential into the same category.

Thanks much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts