Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues with my 4x4 not working. I have done the reset and lots of testing. I think the issue is related to the speed sensor. The sensor was broken and the wires pulled out of the plug. I found a picture online of the wiring, but not sure I got it right. Anyone know what wires go where on that plug?

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
If it's like the Brute Force then the center of the three is the pink. The B/R and the BK/Y are on the outside but I can't tell you which way....other then usually with the clip facing you and the open end of the harness side facing up, the Brown(B/R) should be on the left and the Black/Yellow(BK/Y) should be on the right. This is just a good guess though.

27 Posts
Problems with the 4x4 system is unfortunately very common with the Prairie 360's. Your vehicle in particular has a built in memory chip inside the 4WD light. Once it fills up, it will start flashing and put you into limp mode. You can't reset it unless you get a new light. We sell the Prairie 360 belt light bypass kit that solves this issues once and for all. Prairie 360 Belt Light Bypass with KEBC Wire Harness and Hole Cover Kit If you are still having issues after installing our kit, the problem could be a bad 4x4 switch or actuator. We have full manual conversion kits that would fix that as well. If you have any questions about anything, please let us know. We are always happy to help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 06 Prairie 360 and can't get the starter to engage. When I push the starter button the solenoid just clicks. I just replaced the solenoid and it still does the same thing. Once in a while the thing works great then back to clicking. Thx Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
I have an 06 Prairie 360 and can't get the starter to engage. When I push the starter button the solenoid just clicks. I just replaced the solenoid and it still does the same thing. Once in a while the thing works great then back to clicking. Thx Dave
Check that the battery is OK, that all the cables are tight, that the grounds are good, that the starter motor is OK and..that the engine does turn over by hand. Probably a bad cable end or starter motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts