Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site I have a 2007 brute force 750 with 1200 hours on it and 1000 miles. I got it used a few mouths ago while I was deployed my brother and father in law went and looked at it to check it out and my brother is a mechanic so he knows what he is looking for with the engine. the person selling it said he used it just for hunting. when they went to look at it was night and they were in a small parking lot. it had been sitting for some time so it did have some running problems at first and it had a exhaust leek. so the person dropped some off the asking price. my brother took it and ran a tank of 93 octane in it and it ran great after that. once I got home from over seas I changed out all the fluids and changed the plugs. When I went to change the front axel fluid I saw that the front skid plate was broken off and that the front bumper was bent some but I did not realize how much till later. so I ordered a winch for it and once it all came I tried to put it in but the front bumper was so bent that it would not fit. I got a new bumper and once I started to put it on I had to bend the hole core support back up to get the new bumper to fit. it looks like it was rolled very bad at some point. but the problem is that I finely got it out to a place that I can open it up. it starts and runs great and has power up to 35 but that is it at 35 it seams like it needs another gear or there is a fuel shut off it will not go any faster that 35. I have read sever threads saying spark plugs but I have replaced them if any one has had the same problem or knows what it might be please help

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
This is 35mph in high range?
Would you consider the acceleration up to 35 normal for a 750?
If it's revved out in high range at 35mph, then one of the clutches is sticking.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
What size tires are on it ? Is the engine revving really high at 35 mph ?

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
This is 35mph in high range?
Would you consider the acceleration up to 35 normal for a 750?
If it's revved out in high range at 35mph, then one of the clutches is sticking.
Is it revving really high? Did your brother have it going faster than 35?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
no when he test drove it he did not have the room to get it up to speed I am starting to thing the person we got it from knew some thing was wrong and that is why he set up a place to test drive were they could not get it up to speed. and when he got it out later to run the 93 octane in it he was in the woods with it so he did not get it up to speed then and yes it is revving very high at 35

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Clutch sticking.

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
so what clutch primary or secondary and do I have to rebuild them to get unstuck
Could be either one, or could be a piece of a broken belt stuck in one of the clutches.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a similar issue where my 08 bf 750 would not go over 45 then would die. It ended up being a clogged secondary screen in the fuel pump assembly. I took the fuel pump assembly out of the tank and removed the screen then ran an inline fuel filter outside of the tank. My quad was also sitting for 3 years while I saved up funds to replace a bad crank before this happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i took the clutch cover off and ever thing looks good is there a way to test the clutch it looks like the main clutch is shiney where it is supost to be. The belt also looks good but there is some play in it. I am trying to download pictures and even when I make them small as possible they will not download

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I stated it up and reved it up and the main clutch moves but is there supposed to be a clicking noise from the clutch?

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
It will click at an idle if worn, and it may click once when you let off the throttle and the clutch fully opens.

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
1000 hrs is a lot of hours.
We need video. Driving from a dead stop to top speed at WOT.
This was asked earlier; how does it accelerate compared to other 750 machines?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not sure compared to other 750 this is the first one i have owned and driven. I am trying to get pics and video posted and having problems. I sent the form addmin a message asking for help

1 - 20 of 62 Posts