Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need some help I bought a dynatek cdi for my brute force and it will only start when using pull start but not with the electric, I put the stock back in and it fires right up with electric start but not the dynatek?

·
Super Moderator
4,506 Posts
Is this a new Dynatek CDI? Any way because if will start with the pull start generally means there is a voltage loss to the ignition system. And as Dynatek CDI charge and fire the coils multiple time where the stock unit doesn't, it take more power. Is your battery and charging system is good shape? Test the battery voltage while cranking. If it falls below 11.5 volts you have a problem. If all is good and this is a used CDI...it's probably bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a brand
Is this a new Dynatek CDI? Any way because if will start with the pull start generally means there is a voltage loss to the ignition system. And as Dynatek CDI charge and fire the coils multiple time where the stock unit doesn't, it take more power. Is your battery and charging system is good shape? Test the battery voltage while cranking. If it falls below 11.5 volts you have a problem. If all is good and this is a used CDI...it's probably bad.
It's a brand new cdi my battery has seemed powerless lately

·
Super Moderator
4,506 Posts
It's a brand

It's a brand new cdi my battery has seemed powerless lately
So..there is a problem. See if the battery will take a full charge..leave the charger on for a full day at least then try to start it with the starter. If it starts, then load-test the battery and test the charging system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts