Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom that you can spare. I just bought a 2008 BF 750 4x4i with 63 hours on it. I've been rarin' to take it out but I noticed something peculiar that's stopping me. I noticed some oil in my coolant resevoir. I thought that the guy I bought it from just screwed up and put oil in the wrong place but I'm erring on the side of caution and guessing that that isn't the case. I Googled this topic the best I could and found some limited information. The stuff that I did find unfortunately indicated that I might have a faulty head gasket, a failed water pump or something cracked or warped in the top end (jeez, I hope it's not that). In the couple of times that I've ridden it I noticed that the bike runs really strong and shows no signs of missing, knocking, clicking or smoking. I haven't taken it out again for fear of screwing something up. Might you guys have any idea of what I may be faced with and what I might be looking at spending to get it fixed?

Thanks again!
O

·
Registered
327 Posts
is there anitfreeze in the oil? Anti freeze is thinner and if oil got in there then it should be vis versa too. Is the coolant level going down? How about the oil level?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drained the oil and found no evidence of coolant. I also pulled off the coolant overflow tank, dumped out the contents and thoroughly cleaned it out. I then took it out for a few rides long enough for the fan to turn on and off a couple of times. I found no more evidence of oil in the coolant overflow tank. I'm now wondering if the guy just accidently put oil in the coolant tank. What was in there looked very clean. I'll continue to monitor it closely to see if it happens again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts