Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 brute 750,was plowing today and it just died .Now there is no power to start the 750 and no power to the head lights. When i turn the key on the red and green lights on dash light up and the brake light works when applied.The battery has 12 volts .i've checked the wires around the handle bars and checked the plug ins still no luck. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Check the fuses..?

Under the seat there are some fuses. I suspect that you measured the battery at its terminals. Might see what you have at the accessory 12 volt socket. I'll be that is dead also. Your winch works because it is powered directly off the battery, no fuses to blow...

·
Registered
84 Posts
And not to take anything for granted...

AND there is power to them> 2 white with red tracer should be coming directly from the battery to the MAIN Fuse (30 amp, GREEN). There appears to be a connector with the 2 white with red tracer.

Hope that helps. Try to start it while you have the foot brake engaged. If it starts we can go from there...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is power to the two white with red stripe wires and no power to the starter with foot or hand brake applied

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tried swapping the relays still the same . is there a ground or a power for the left side of the handle bars? seems like that's where the problem is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Kind of...

The white wire from the fuse box goes to the key switch. From the key switch power goes thru the Belt Reset Connector under the seat. Then it goes up to the red "on-off" slider switch. Power should be present on both sides of the switch when its closed and ready to run. The green "start" button connects power to the Starter Circuit Relay. That relay sends power to the starter relay (has Big power Wires on it) which goes to the starter motor.

It appears that there are only 3 grounds in the start circuit. One at the battery, one at the starter motor and the last one is on the neutral relay. That should be grounded to the case thru the threads of the switch, I think...

Keep at it. Sounds like your close.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was the brown power wire in the wire loom near the steering stem .the plug was not letting power threw the plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 brute 750,was plowing today and it just died .Now there is no power to start the 750 and no power to the head lights. When i turn the key on the red and green lights on dash light up and the brake light works when applied.The battery has 12 volts .i've checked the wires around the handle bars and checked the plug ins still no luck. Any suggestions?
Hello I was wondering if you got your issue figured out? I'm having the exact same problem! I have power going through that brown wire!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts