Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the service manual it says the leads are "Free Location" Does this mean I can hook any of the 3 alternator leads to any of the 3 connectors that are on the quad?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,512 Posts
?? Are you promoting your channel, or is there a video explaing? I dont see one called that.
Not sure how much more explanation is necessary. Just look at the wiring diagram and you will see that all three phases of the stator ( aka alternator) have the same color leads (BK) both in and out of each connector. If the connector doesn't maintain a certain order...ie there are three connectors, then it doesn't matter. See below:

·
Registered
569 Posts
X2 on what NM said. If all three wires are black, then it doesn't matter where they plug into, as what they plug into is also all black wires. If it mattered, one wire would be black, another blue, and the last one red (or any color configuration-------I like black, mauve and fuchsia myself).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure how much more explanation is necessary. Just look at the wiring diagram and you will see that all three phases of the stator ( aka alternator) have the same color leads (BK) both in and out of each connector. If the connector doesn't maintain a certain order...ie there are three connectors, then it doesn't matter. See below:

Thanks. I Hooked them up and it fired up! thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
X2 on what NM said. If all three wires are black, then it doesn't matter where they plug into, as what they plug into is also all black wires. If it mattered, one wire would be black, another blue, and the last one red (or any color configuration-------I like black, mauve and fuchsia myself).
When I get pulled over, I like the blue lights!
Thanks! all is good. Tomorrow I put the carbs back in and get this thing on the trails!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts