Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.i have a 2008 kawasaki prairie 360 4x4 and I just got it on a trade. It runs fine at idle but when it gets up to about 10 mph give or take it starts to spit and sputter like your in reverse without pushing the override button. But it don't matter weather your in neutral, reverse, high, or low it still acts like the override button is stuck on.. the boy I got it from said it needed a carb clean or a new spark plug it acts like its star ing for gas. The mixture is 2 turns from bottom. so I cleaned the carb and checked the and put in a new spark plug.
And still nothing acting the same way. Spitting and sputtering. So I checked the camshaft cam is in good shape. Check to see if it was out of time. And it's in time. I checked the valves (exhaust and intake) and there both in spec. I tried the limp mode bypass where you cut the wires and you splice them together. Would it be a sensor or something please let me know. I can send a video of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
you dont cut wires. if your belt light is on you take the black and gray plugs apart and swap them

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah sounds like its in lump mode. With the key off swap the black and grey connectors and unplug the belt warning connector. Turn the key on for several seconds and then back off. Hookneverything back up the way it was.... should be reset then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried a few times and still hasn't worked. It's got me stuck. If I can I can add a url to go to my Facebook and I'll show u a video.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
is the belt light on?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
If the belt light is on and it will not reset by switch the wires black to grey and unhooking the belt switch you need to pull the belt cover because the switch has tripped,if the switch is tripped in the belt cover you will need a belt also

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do I put it on the on position. Or off. I put it on on. But the light will not reset. It has a new belt also. The guy I got it from said the belt broke and he put one on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts