Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nice site glad i am on! When going slow in the woods, my cooling fan is not coming on, any ideas or anybody have this and she is getting hot going slow for the kids ya know? I am going to do some tests soon as i can, Thank you much for any help!! Great site!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Check to make sure the fan is still connected to the sensor. There's a thread on here when the 450s just came out of a guy having water in one the connection and it cause the fan not to come on. He also include instructions on how to fix it, gotta find that thread again.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
If it is connected maybe just the temp sensor itself is bad. I had one to go out last summer on my V.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Is it bone stock? is it getting hot? Remove the muffler plug and the airbox lid, and run it for at least 5 mins, it should get hot and the fan should kick in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its stock, i am going to do a service on it & everything. I will try these things, cant thank you guys enough for the help! Out when riding and had it idle because the kids getting stuck in the snow, the left red light would come on, i shut it off then re start then it was good. Stop again, the light came on, i shut it down and she was boiling! I gave it a rest then she was good on the move perfect!
Thanks for your help!
Stevey

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hay guys,
I went over everything, found the little 10amp fuse blown and found that flat ground tab on the frame at the end of the gas tank where it bolts the tank to the frame, so i put a bolt on them grounds? I think this is why stuff was not working.
Changed the coolent, let her run & the fan came on!
Thanks for all your help!!!!
Stevey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts