Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a used 08 kfx 450r, knowing it had a running issue for cheap.

i immediately changed the oil, and oil filter, replaced the air filter, changed the spark plug, cleaned the fuel injector and choke assembly.

after all of this the bike still will not run unless the choke is on, with choke it starts right up and runs like a champ, but the second i push the choke in it dies?!?!?!?

this is the first time ive ever messed with something thats fuel injected but has a choke, is there some stupid answer that i just dont know about, or am i looking at a more serious issue. my next guess was to change the fuel injector, then the ecu if that doesnt work, but changing parts indiscriminately gets expensive, anybody got any ideas?

ps there are no fault lights

·
Registered
1 Posts
i bought a used 08 kfx 450r, knowing it had a running issue for cheap.

i immediately changed the oil, and oil filter, replaced the air filter, changed the spark plug, cleaned the fuel injector and choke assembly.

after all of this the bike still will not run unless the choke is on, with choke it starts right up and runs like a champ, but the second i push the choke in it dies?!?!?!?

this is the first time ive ever messed with something thats fuel injected but has a choke, is there some stupid answer that i just dont know about, or am i looking at a more serious issue. my next guess was to change the fuel injector, then the ecu if that doesnt work, but changing parts indiscriminately gets expensive, anybody got any ideas?

ps there are no fault lights
Give this a try with the black knob pushed in. Turn the knob counter clockwise until it stops & then out clockwise 22 clicks. This is the choke button you are referring to. Hopefully this helps.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
What he said /\. Mine ran perfect with 27 clicks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts