Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I blowed the seal of my water pump, and I have gotten an replacement, however, its out, its in my hand - I am replacing the bearing too. The only bearing I could find 6901 was a Sealed bearing. can I used a sealed bearing in this application? Or should I pop the rubber seals out of this new bearing before using?

·
Super Moderator
4,726 Posts
OK, so I blowed the seal of my water pump, and I have gotten an replacement, however, its out, its in my hand - I am replacing the bearing too. The only bearing I could find 6901 was a Sealed bearing. can I used a sealed bearing in this application? Or should I pop the rubber seals out of this new bearing before using?
You can't run a sealed bearing there...well you can but it won't last long. It needs the engine oil to stay lubed and for long life. Take the seals out of it but make sure it does fit correctly. I would really consider getting the correct bearing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the right bearing plus the rubber seals that can be removed. My old man was a crain mechanic and told me I can do this., just I could not find one readily available as an open bearing. I use Motion Industries for all my bearings, gears and sprockets. The only open I could find was made in China - and that is not gonna go into this machine as I do not feel like having to pull this cover off again... ever. this is my 5th and final time! :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I guess you missed the how to post as to where you can change out the whole water pump and oil seal without tearing the stator cover off ? Here is a post I started on another site, that was posted many times before on this site as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts