Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i just purchased my first new quad ever. a 2009 prairie 360 4x4 in camo. When i brought the machine home i warmed it up on choke (temp was in the 30-40 range) and gradually eased off the choke and the engine slowly died. i know the machine has fresh gas in it. i restarted the engine and gently tapped the throttle to keep the rpm's up and used the choke to keep it running and then it slowly died again. i took it for a gentle trail ride and after about 30 mins of varying speeds 20mph and slower it stayed running, but seemed to be running hot. is this just a part of break in, or are the valves a little tight??:confused:

otherwise i'm pleased with my purchase. also is there a non cv carb available for this machine??

thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Idle

If it is under any warranty then let them know your problem ....If not it sounds like you may just need to idle it up a bit with the idle adjustment.

Good Luck!..............

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks camo joe. i'd prefer to make the simple adjustments myself since the dealer i bought it from is on the edge of going belly up and their one service tech isn't the brightest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm leaning toward the exhaust valve being too tight. i pulled the plug and it appears to be a bit whitish. i suspect a lean running condition. i read on another the valve spec for the exhaust is .15-.20mm or .18mm?? anyone else know for sure?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had two 360's and both were plagued with the exhaust valve tightening up,when the bike would get hard to stay running once warmed up I would have to readjsut the exhaust valve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts