Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2009 prairie 360 4x4 that was hard to start until i checked and adjusted the valves to their proper spec, but i would also like to increase the size of the pilot jet from a #35 up to a #38. when i call for a #38 jet will the dealer know what i'm talking about? i think it is a cv keihin carb.

is there more than one type of pilot jet for this type of carb?
i have a #38 from my dirt bike which has a keihin fcr carb, but not sure if it is the same type.

can somone post a pic or give a length dimension?

thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks camo joe. i took a look and no such luck. i'll just have to take he carb apart and see what style the pilot jet is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again camo joe. i read through the links you posted. very helpful. i took my carb apart and figured out the style of the jet. it's a keihin n424-25b. same as what harley uses. funny. i'll check around and see what dealers stock it near where i live. i know the sudco part # is
019-811.

thanks again.
merry christmas

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2005 360 4x4 with snorkels and it runs great with the choke on a little,but as sone as you take the it off it pops back through the intake snorkel. bought used with this setup,removed carb cleaned jets,changed fuel plugs and new air filter. :(
Any help???????

·
Registered
379 Posts
???????????

I have a 2005 360 4x4 with snorkels and it runs great with the choke on a little,but as sone as you take the it off it pops back through the intake snorkel. bought used with this setup,removed carb cleaned jets,changed fuel plugs and new air filter. :(
Any help???????
Are you letting the engine warm up to operating temp?
Does it start up well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i read through a few forums and thankfully i figured the issue out. i adjusted the valves to their proper specs located in my owners manual. i later changed the pilot jet from the #35 that was in there up to a #40 i bought for 3.00 from a local harley shop since they use the same carbs as our quads.

the results are great. i warm the machine up gently on choke for a few mins, then ease off the choke and it purrs like a kitten.

so bottom line: adjust valves, then go up a size on the pilot jet #40

1 - 8 of 8 Posts