Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just bought this quad a few months ago. I love it, been having some fun on it. I am not an aggressive rider and mostly do trails. It has 200 hours and about 1700 miles. Some of these threads are concerning because it looks like a lot of engine rebuilds? What's up with that? I am hoping I have a quad that will last me a long time and load up the hours. I have been doing oil changes in the engine and diffs. Basically stock aside from 26" tires. How many hours have you guys been getting reliably?

Anyways, good site and good reading on here. Opinions welcome.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Mostly engines that are abused, neglected or sunk in mud and water get their lives cut short. Unfortunately there is no shortage of people out there owning ATVs...that really shouldn't. Keep it out of the soup, treat it like your best friend and add a splash of common sense and the Kawasaki V-twin will give you 100% for 10s of thousands of miles. I know people who are over 25,000+ miles...some on all the original parts. Others just rebuild the top ends and keep going. I loved my 06. I always trusted it to take me anywhere...any time..any distance.. and always bring me home..and it always did.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree with NMKAWIERIDE. There are guys who trash a belt in under a year if that. I have a friend with 6500 miles on his SXS and his belt still is going. Is it worn, yeah I bet but it never broke. Enjoy the new toy :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I was reading up before I bought mine I read a lot about too many wheelies starves the front cylinder for oil.
Also lots of people never change oil.

I am at 4900 miles. I too had read of people having huge numbers like over 50k on these machines. Guys using them for ranch work where they put 50 miles a day on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts