·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few pics of my new brute.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
nice lookion bike. i have a 08 black and red. just keep it out of the brush my factory decals were junk and came off in a year any little brush and it peeled them up. not to mintion how bad the black plastic shows scratches

·
Registered
250 Posts
Exactly like mine, but it's not in yet. Hopefully this week. Speaking of the black plastic, what is the best way to shine it up after it's scratched? ie: tire shine, plastic polish, armour all etc...:)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
what is the best way to shine it up after it's scratched?
I use "Mothers Back to Black" Works grate on any black plastic.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i like some stuff called extream alot of big truck places keep it in bulk by the gallon and you use a empty windex bottle or some kinda spray bottle. shines great and has a nice grape smell. but the dust likes it alot. ive used regular wet car wax and it does good to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at adding another battery to my 750 Brute due to my plow draining the battery. Has anybody added another battery or figure out why the plow draining a brand new battery? I thinking about adding a rear wrench. I saw it on a couple of four wheeler while I was on a atv trip in TN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
D am she is clean looks good.. how does she do in the mud? does it have a front locker ? there is one at tha dealer by my house. 5500 clean was gona buy it $ 4 my dad but jusk killed my pairie in 5 hrs o buying it dont know if it will stay togher..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the comments guys, yea the front differential has a lever to lock it in, have not had chance to get in mud yet, fairly new and breaking it in first before i hit the mud holes, well give an update when i do, great bike thus fas plenty of power and that vtwin sound is awesome.....

·
Registered
281 Posts
think it sounds awesome now? put a muzzy or hmf on that bad boy, i found more power and a SWEET A*# sound!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rwright, what exhaust are you running on your brute? Do you have a sound clip?

·
Registered
281 Posts
im running just a plain ole simple HMF slip-on bought it on ebay for $245 or somewhere around that price i cant really remeber but it also came with recominded jets, it sounds awesome ESPECIALLY when you go from 1/4-1/2 throttle to full, when it raps out i really like it, however the mechanic didnt jet my bike right (i dont think) and it back fires and misses every once in a while, but ive heard muzzys and hmf if i was goin to do it over and buy again id go hmf 100%!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks rwright for the info, my bro has hmf exhaust on his kingquad and it sounds awesome, i was leaning more toward the hmf anyway so probably will get one, i seen them on ebay for as low as $220, dont have to worry about jets as i have the efi brute, cant wait to get my exhaust.....notice any difference in performance other than that great sound?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i did alot of ridin with my stock bike then i got the hmf and k&n at the same time i could deffiantly notice how much more easier i could just "sling" around my friends while doin 60-70 mph, i could deffiantly tell a diffewrence the biggest one was when i got the cdi, o yeah you have to get your computer reset if you have efi, dont forget lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a HMF Slip on form Dicks ATV shipped for $225. They have the best prices I have found. I have an "09 Brute 750 and it sounds good and could tell a difference in power.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks fireman for the tip, will definitely check out the website, so did you have to modify the cpu on the brute for the slip on exhaust? Have you had any issues with slip on exhaust? Was it difficult to install?

·
Registered
281 Posts
the slip-on on a scale of 1-10 id give a 7 simply because they give you a pipe for your rear header (the stock header pipe is welded to the muffler) and you must take the old one off and put this new one on, its pretty difficult to try to get the old nuts off, however after you get the new one on check every once in a while to make sure the bolts are tight (this causes a clicking sound everytime the piston gets to the top of the stroke)

All in all its a awesome mod!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts