Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys have a 2010 brute force 750I, i have 8 hours and 34miles on it. Book says to change all fluids at ten hours for break in maintanace. Should i do it now or wait until i have ten hours? Also i run premium gas on my brute, is that ok? What kind of gas do you guys use on your brute?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would suggest letting the dealer do it at 10 hrs.The service guy at the place I bought mine said they try to void the warranty because they dont see a breakin service report on it, if there is ever a major problem . They also check all the other fluids in it and make sure there are'nt an abundance of metal shavings in the front/rear ends ( I dont think they changed them)

I run 87 octane regular unlead gas in mine

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, do you remember how much you paid to get the break in maintanane done?

·
Registered
104 Posts
less than $100 . probably went up since then that was june of 08. but I think it was worth it to keep my warranty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right, i will definitely take it to dealer, to avoid any if's or but's in the future from the dealer. I will call tomorrow since dealers are all closed on monday here in houston. So how do you like your brute blue beast? Where do you ride?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would suggest letting the dealer do it at 10 hrs.The service guy at the place I bought mine said they try to void the warranty because they dont see a breakin service report on it, if there is ever a major problem . They also check all the other fluids in it and make sure there are'nt an abundance of metal shavings in the front/rear ends ( I dont think they changed them)

They CANNOT "void" your warranty if you do the work yourself unless the failure is a direct cause of your workmanship. Even then, they can only deny coverage of that failure. Check with them again. Ask them about the Magnusson / Moss litigation.......and if they know anything about it.....

·
Registered
104 Posts

They CANNOT "void" your warranty if you do the work yourself unless the failure is a direct cause of your workmanship. Even then, they can only deny coverage of that failure. Check with them again. Ask them about the Magnusson / Moss litigation.......and if they know anything about it.....

Its good to know that now . I knew nothing of the lawsuit . but I like to keep the warranty as long as possible,anyway , I thought it was alot easier to let them do the first service so they can make sure everything is right (just for peace of mind) .I really did not break it in like they wanted me to .I let warm up a bit, then been givin it hell ever since.:cheers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
You are right, i will definitely take it to dealer, to avoid any if's or but's in the future from the dealer. I will call tomorrow since dealers are all closed on monday here in houston. So how do you like your brute blue beast? Where do you ride?
I luv it . its a badass machine. Wouldnt go to anything else.I ride at a place called river run atv park near neches (there address is outta jacksonville i think) hadnt been anywhere else . its only about half hour away

·
Registered
34 Posts

They Do change the fluids in the front and rear diff, because there is basically clutches in both. the rear for the brakes and the front for the diff lock. The front just takes the same 10-40 oil as in your engine, and the rear takes a special wet brake and gear oil.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool thanks guys for the replies, just called the dealer they charge $220 for the break in maintanence, thats pricey.........they change all oils, motor, front and rear diff.. Check spark plugs, vavle clearance etc...i guess i will have to cough up the money and let them do it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
wow I got out cheap. thats just crazy expensive. but worth it in my opinion. but after that, u can do it yourself for about $20 to $30. depending what kind of oil and filter u get. i just check the front/rear ends now to make sure there are no problems.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i am going to let them do it, good thing i dont have a bike payment, bought her cash so i will pay to get it done, i guess you only have to do that once, change all fluids, then just do your regular motor oil changes, and the other fluids every few years or so.......btw blue beast havent had my brute that long, but i love it,it wheelies like a mofo, and i ride out in crosby.......

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
You are being charge $220 for oil change's?
That is Nuts.
Your plugs/valves are fine at 10 hrs.
Kawasaki does not require the dealer for the 1st Service, all you need to do is save the receipts for all of the oils/filter. Enter the info in your Owners manual each time you do a service with your receipts.
I have been riding a Kawasaki VTWin since '02 and have never had a beef with Kawasaki and that 1st service and I have done every one myself.
I would run 87 octane but it is not available here, so I use 88.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts