Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone in the area is interested, there is a ride call the Snow Chicken on March 20 starting from Peacock Ltd on M-37 in Baldwin, MI. There is usually 100-150 riders that ride the whole Little Manistee loop starting and ending at Peacock's parking lot. It isn't a race or anything, just a bunch of people having a good time. The trail conditions depend on the weather. Last year there was dirt, mud, a little water, hard-packed snow, and a little bit of ice.

I will already be riding with a group of 10-20 people (friends and others they know) but it would be cool to get a few more KawieRiders out there.

View attachment 19876

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found out the date for this was changed. It is now March 27th. Is anyone in Michigan planning on going to this?

View attachment 20526

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is coming up next week Saturday if any of you Michigan guys are interested. Won't really be a "Snow Chicken" ride anymore since the snow is long gone but I think it will still be a lot of fun.

Wolf Lake Motel reported condition of the trail as of Monday, March 15th.

Almost all the snow is gone, except there the sun just can not get to it. Most of the mud is gone, so it's down to just plain old dirt. The forecast for the weekend has changed again and it looks to be nice and the rain is forecasted to go south of us. But again with any forecast I'll believe it when I see it. We have had riders here all week and they report the trails are in very good condition, except are getting dusty, so wear some good goggles

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I heard about that... lucky bastard! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was really fun to get out and ride Saturday but the dust was a KILLER. It was so thick at times that I had to slow down just to see where I was going. My freshly cleaned/oiled PowerFlow filter looked like it hadn't cleaned it in a year! :lol:

I like trail riding but if the trails are going to be that dusty all the time, I will stick with the dunes. Too much chance of getting that fine dust in the motors... let alone in the clutches where there isn't any filter and breathing the sh!t. I really had more fun last year when there was snow, mud, and wet dirt because you don't have to breath that sh!t in.

View attachment 21363

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I went last fall the day after a rain and it was perfect. It was like riding on wet sand. I just hate the dust and it can't be good for the motors or breathing it in all day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts