Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friday, May 28th through Monday, May 31st in Florence, OR -- Home of the Original Tecatefest

See link for location, camping info, etc

Oregon Dunes - Florence Sand Dune Guide

Rules for OHV (Off Highway Vehicles) in the Oregon Dunes

Home : Recreation : OHV (Off Highway Vehicles) : Rules
Here are the Rules!

Know the regulations before you arrive – it’s your responsibility.
The State of Oregon establishes and administers OHV permits and regulations. State, County and Forest Service law enforcement personnel patrol both the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area and the Sand Lake Recreation Area on a regular basis.

Important Alert – New State OHV regulations beginning Jan. 1, 2008.
Passed by the 2007 Oregon Legislature – Senate Bill 101.
Chin straps on helmets—must be fastened on all riders under age 18.
All youth under 16 must always be supervised by adult over age 18.

Supervision defined as a person who is:
  • 18 years of age, holds a valid ATV Safety Education Card,
  • accompanies the child
  • and is able to provide immediate assistance & direction.
Starting January 1, 2009
All youth under age 16 must have an ATV Safety Education Card and be supervised by an adult over age 18.
RIDER FIT guidelines will be in place.
Mandatory on-line Safety Training will begin and phased-in over the next five years.
Go to www.rideatvoregon.org ( http://www.rideatvoregon.org/ )
for updates on the new ATV laws and rules.

You can find more information, including all the Rules for Riding, on the Oregon State Parks website
(http://www.oregonohv.org/) or by calling Oregon Parks and Recreation Department information center at 1.800.551.6949.
Off Highway Vehicle Permits

An OHV permit
issued by the State of Oregon is required if you want to operate your motorized on public land and even then, the land must be specifically designated for OHV use. On the Siuslaw National Forest, there are two areas that are designated OHV riding areas:
Wondering if your off road vehicle permit from another state is valid in Oregon?
See "Permits from Other States" information on the Oregon State Parks website
(http://www.oregonohv.org/) for a list of states that have reciprocity with Oregon.
Remember! In addition to the OHV permit issued by the State of Oregon for your vehicle, the Siuslaw National Forest also requires recreation permits for most campgrounds and day use staging areas. Check the specific area where you will be riding for details.
Additional Rules for Riding on the Siuslaw National Forest

Curfew and Portable Toilet Requirements for Sand Lake Recreation Area

Starting September 1, 2008
Sound Levels

Increased OHV use and the popularity of aftermarket mufflers means more noise. Noise buffers are located between residential and recreational riding areas, and are closed to motorized travel. Vehicle sound is measured by a decibel meter positioned 20 inches and 45 degrees from the exhaust outlet. Have your vehicle checked! Forest personnel are equipped to provide sound checks. Vehicles operating over the decibel limit are subject to citation
Alcohol Ban
  • Possession of alcohol is prohibited in Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) riding areas outside of developed sites
    Details about the Alcohol Ban in OHV Riding Areas
Spark Arresters
  • Spark arresters are part of the muffler system and are required nation-wide on National Forest lands
Some of the most common infractions on the open sand are:

• Supervision:
    Under age 16 riding without supervision
  • Helmets:
    Under age 18 without helmet (with chinstrap)
  • Flags & Tags:
    No OHV decal on truck, car, motorhome
    Red or Orange Flags (8”x 12”) must be displayed 9 feet above the ground on all vehicles
  • Fire extingusher:
    No fire extinguisher on truck, car, motorhome
  • Sound Levels:
    • Mufflers above the 97 decibel range (Sand Lake Recreation Area)
    • Mufflers above the 93 decibel range (Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area)
  • Lights
    Lights must be used in limited visibility (before sunrise, after sunset, or when you cannot see clearly ahead for 100 feet).

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
We can't wait for Tecatefest number 4. bigger and better than ever!! Alright guys, put up or shut up! You won't regret it, Just ask John!! Hey Johnny, tell us about the Oregon Dunes

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I will be sand camping outside Driftwood II. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I read over the site briefly and just to clarify none of the dune access sites have electric hookup? Do they care if you're running a generator RV or otherwise?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Make reservations pretty soon fellas, should be a big weekend being memorial day weekend.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Yes, we actually do a pretty big giveaway, JD'S Powdercoat, And Bright Werx chrome have been very generous to our little event in the past years. Will you bringing some stuff with you? pretty sure we can find a bike for you to ride...

·
Registered
197 Posts
is it allowed to not ride a kawi?! since mine is sold :[ but i would like to check out all the other ones i miss my tecate

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it allowed to not ride a kawi?! since mine is sold :[ but i would like to check out all the other ones i miss my tecate

It's a blast and folks who know about it show up whether they have a Tecate or not. Run what ya brung brother, it's all good B)

·
Registered
197 Posts
haha well if im back from service im down to take up the odyssey :] i might need some help on jetting it up there but other than that i should be there!
time to start on a new rolecage to show off!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
All bikes are welcome, we encourage all to come witness the spectacle of green, it's pretty impressive, shooting for 30 bikes this year. I'll start a count thread.

·
Registered
116 Posts
No, I am sure I won't make it but

Yes, we actually do a pretty big giveaway, JD'S Powdercoat, And Bright Werx chrome have been very generous to our little event in the past years. Will you bringing some stuff with you? pretty sure we can find a bike for you to ride...
I sure thank you for the offer of hospitality.
I would like to donate a few parts for you folks to do with as you see fit.

If you or Senator could PM me a mailing address I would be very proud to add to the table.

john

1 - 16 of 16 Posts